William Burroughs made a Jack-o’-lantern with a hatchet. Also, this is pretty interesting.
Yeah, you and I wish there was a higher-quality version of this. Beyond that, though, there are so many things here worthy of discussion / adoration – but let’s, you know, just let it roll. Can you get to that?
Just because it’s what you need to hear right now.
Cecil Barfield : I Told You Not To Do That
I’ve been home ( “home” — an increasingly theoretical subject ) for two weeks now. Summer vacation is well and truly over. Two and a half months. Some countries I’d been to before, Germany, Italy, Greece, Spain .. some I hadn’t, Turkey, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Serbia, Hungary, Albania. Also, I went to Gibraltar ( “why on earth would you go there?”, people in Spain said. “Because I thought it’d be weird”, I said. And it was, it was ), which is a British Overseas Territory. I’m not sure if that means that, technically, I went to England too.
* Made In Germany : a documentary about the German singer Heino : There’s more to the story than you’d think
* About eating dogs
* Magic happens in New Orleans
* The day punk died : is it too easy to hate Nancy Spungen?
* The Distortion Of Sound : a short film on how we’ve created ” a McDonald’s generation of music consumers “
* The making of AmeriKKKa’s Most Wanted