* Ernest Hemingway‘s most famous cocktail recipes, all in one place
* Imaginary album covers are going on exhibition at The Smithsonian
* “ Can-rock’s blend of insipid guitar riffs, lifeless production, and tawdry songwriting is impossible to mistake for anything else. Its purveyors enjoy a sizeable following at home, but are unknown virtually everywhere else “. How some absurd laws produced the most beloved music in Canadian history
I started a Tumblr, something I resisted for years. It’s here.
* R.Crumb, who has lived in France for 25 years, weighs in on the Paris massacre
* You can watch a full-length documentary about the Gun Club
* “ When people talk about change in New Orleans, it’s often to explain how they’re doing their best to avoid it “.
* A Biography of Jimi Hendrix‘s Electric Lady Studios, its ownership, and other black memories
* Julian Cope is a family man
* An instrument called the Waterphone, which makes the smooth, eerie sound that’s regularly featured in movie soundtracks
* Flags that are confusing
My Regal ‘Le Domino’ banjo-ukulele, circa about 1930, Chicago. Some things written on it : “Joliet Pen. (alma mater)” “Ole’ Snake Eyes” “GRIEF” “Sweet Man” “We Love Us” “Phooey!!!”