* Rock & Roll is so boring, it’s making Kurt Vile seem interesting.
* Discarded Image / Discarding Images, a Tumbler about violent, bizarre, and naughty art from the middle ages.
* Tracing changes in the ideological notion of personal authenticity that have been brought on by widespread social media use. Also, why bands are right about cameras at gigs.
* The Cosimo Code, an affectionate tribute to the great deeds of Cosimo Matassa and the musicians of New Orleans and the South.
* Prescription : Eno.
* Black gold : a mosaic detective story.
* Poor Chicago. The third coast.
* ” Prior to Hipgnosis, record covers were often graphically ( and typographically ) crude; the great psychedelic covers of 60s America, and the garish fantasies of Krautrock, had introduced outré imagery into music packaging, but it was Hipgnosis who combined startling imagery with the presentation standards of the best commercial art and design. “ On the death of Storm Thorgerson.
* More on Kowloon Walled City.
* ” What kept me reading Burroughs, was the extraordinary things he could do with the English language that I never encountered anywhere else. It was like discovering the one human being on Earth who could play slide guitar. “ William Gibson.
Devo : Gut Feeling
* The secret soup of New Orleans, and Airline Highway, a Tumblr about South Louisiana.
* ” Being a rock star is being a rock star, I don’t need to go into the details. What would you do if you were a rock star? “
* Capturing the still-practiced pagan rituals of Europe.
* Archaeologists dig into history of execution.
* The producer who discovered Drake, and worked with Dylan, Pink Floyd, R.E.M. and more, on music’s oddest comeback.
* Has anyone ever been killed by a falling piano?
* ” I got on a plane! “ Traveling around the world for 500 days. Also, the top 101 books for independent travel.
* Chuck said to Glen, “ This band is from Venice? Have them dress up like vatos. ” This Suicidal Tendencies shirt costs $3000. And, also, the whole gang.
English Russia, anyone? Best on internet. Except for, of course, …