1. ” He Who Acts Bad Ends Bad “ 2. ” Life Is The Road To The Tomb “ 3. ” Beans Are Worth More Than Happiness “. From The People’s Guide To Mexico, 14th edition, 2012.
* 55 songs about witches.
* What will you miss about Germany?
* A 1945 letter from Pfc.Kurt Vonnegut to his family, in which he details his terrifying experiences as a prisoner of war.
* Expeditions to find the remotest spot in every U.S. state.
* Great Art In Ugly Rooms, a Tumblr.
High quality reissues of the early White Zombie shirts, and some new ones too. And vinyl! And other stuff!!
A : ” A lot of everyday-life art that makes us feel something supersedes mass-produced art. The record business has always been a manufacturing business with such a high failure ratio, which means that mainstream record companies would never take a gamble on idiosyncratic performers. These are people who couldn’t get a record deal to save their lives. Whether it’s a Christian lounge singer performing at a bowling alley, or some strange psychedelic dude utilizing his family fortune to put out his own record, it’s idiosyncrasy that is not filtered to get rid of the lumps or the extremes. To me, as a first generation immigrant, that’s utterly the American way, and part of the reason I love this country so much. This country has always had such a great heritage of idiosyncratic painters, writers, poets, and musicians. It was built by people like that. So there’s a real frontier spirit with this music. You get the sense that you’re in the wilderness following the trails of these weirdos instead of worn-out paths. “
I haven’t really listened to anything else for a week. It’s a 2-disc set, and I like it so much that I went and bought the book.
Ray Torske : 666