* As I’ve said before, every band will, in the future, have a film made about it; I’ll see this one
* Why your Dad’s 30-year-old stereo system sounds better than your new one
* Now that all they have to contend with is the super-stressful, super-asshole ( going in both directions, I mean ) border crossing, maybe bands will actually want to play in Canada again
* In 1971, William Powell published The Anarchist Cookbook, a guide to making bombs and drugs at home. He spent the next four decades fighting to take it out of print.
* The original post has been taken down : a sick joke, or.. ? Dallas Craigslist ad supposedly selling gear from tragic Great White concert fire
* They got Al Hirt, but they don’t mention Pete Fountain : the most common albums you’ll find in thrift stores
* ” In the service of our appetites, we spend billions and billions of dollars each year on Mexican drugs—while at the same time spending billions and billions more trying to prevent those drugs from reaching us “. Under The Volcano
* Three hours of Serge Gainsbourg singing and drinking. And talking a little, 1973-1991
* I am an audiophile, and I am not going to apologize for it
* A peek inside the Witch’s House
* Live long and prosper : the Jewish story behind Leonard Nimoy’s Spock
* The evolution of physical music formats – an interactive timeline
* The lonely existence of the outrageous musician in an age of civility
* United blood : how hardcore conquered New York
* ” I hate to say this, but in the twenty years I lived there, we almost never left Manhattan. Really it was the beginning of the late 80s, when we started knowing people in Brooklyn. Before that it was like, there’s nothing to see out there. A lot of people are living there, of course, but there’s not much happening. We’d go to Flatbush to the Jamaican record stores, but not much else. Williamsburg? I knew of the place, but I don’t think I ever set foot there until the mid 90s “.
* ” I believe that singing is the key to long life, a good figure, a stable temperament, increased intelligence, new friends, super self-confidence, heightened sexual attractiveness and a better sense of humor “.