* If you’re into mid-century modern, you’ll enjoy this
*MC5 : A True Testimonial – see the whole thing online, while you can!
* Some rock n’ roll photos
* “It’s hard to avoid the impression that, in what should be his golden period, Stan Lee is actually playing the role of a tragic figure, even a pathetic one. ”
* The guitar story that’s still playing out
* All about the CD long boxes of the early 1990s
* Above Moscow : captivating
* Look at that, Monster Magnet in the Wall Street Journal
* Pee-Wee’s big comeback!
* The geography of 1980s punk rock L.A.
* Do not look at this unless you’re very interested in recording
* The story of the Young Ones
* The most bizarre, entertaining history of Japan you’ll ever watch
* The dirty secrets of hip hop’s clean versions
* I was definitely planning on not watching the show, but I did enjoy this review of it
I’ve been busy splashing this over social media and whatnot. The White Zombie Vinyl box set, which I mastered for the Numero Group label, is finally coming out on June 3rd.
You can read about it here, and you can order it here. The set contains exact reproductions of every single LP and 12″ EP released by the band prior to signing with Geffen (sourced from the original tapes, yesindeed) including early unreleased, unheard material from the Gods On Voodoo Moon and Pig Heaven sessions. There’s also a big fat book, packed with all kinds of stuff Sean Yseult and I dug out of our archives, including a lot of eye-catching photos and memorabilia, and even a comprehensive guide to WZ t-shirts. It has literally been years since we started talking about doing this, and there have been a lot of snags along the way, so I’m very, very happy to able to finally talk about it.