|April 23, 2013 | Various And Sundry
* Discarded Image / Discarding Images, a Tumbler about violent, bizarre, and naughty art from the middle ages.
* The Cosimo Code, an affectionate tribute to the great deeds of Cosimo Matassa and the musicians of New Orleans and the South.
* Prescription : Eno.
* Black gold : a mosaic detective story.
* Poor Chicago. The third coast.
* ” Prior to Hipgnosis, record covers were often graphically ( and typographically ) crude; the great psychedelic covers of 60s America, and the garish fantasies of Krautrock, had introduced outré imagery into music packaging, but it was Hipgnosis who combined startling imagery with the presentation standards of the best commercial art and design. “ On the death of Storm Thorgerson.
* More on Kowloon Walled City.
* ” What kept me reading Burroughs, was the extraordinary things he could do with the English language that I never encountered anywhere else. It was like discovering the one human being on Earth who could play slide guitar. “ William Gibson.