* ” There are the weekend hippies and the new-touristy hippies. There are the hippies who have survived the summer of love. Of these, some are still love-dung hippies. And there are hippies who have also survived the winter. These hippies are called UP AGAINST THE WALL, MOTHERFUCKER. “
* The French try, fail to poke fun at Americans
* ” We had long hair in my band, and a couple of the guys got pulled over in a little town called Ralls. The cops kept them for three days, then shaved their heads. It was even that way around Austin. If you were driving in from Lubbock or Amarillo with long hair, you had to get down on the floorboard in places like Oak Hill because you’d get pulled over. “ The story of outlaw country.
* The City Of New Orleans continues its fight against live music
* Nicky Crane : the secret double life of a gay neo-Nazi
* How to succeed in contemporary art without really trying
It’s such a cool movie! Your friends who are not into style and design, or the early-70s-Italian-horror-Argento vibe, or recording, or the band Broadcast – do I think they’ll like it? Mm, I’m doubtful.
Wonderful images from Mike Murphy.
* Guitar Center : the end of a terrible business model
* Voice hero : the inventor of karaoke speaks
* There are now two Americas : my country is a horror show
* This photographer documented every murder site in London for two years, and the ghosts of old london.
* The 1973 Peavey catalog, plus thoughts. My first amp was a Peavey, how about you? Meridian, Missisippi 1973.
* The shaving industry is hurting because men think beards and stubble are cool again
* shitty band names : a history
* This is why Keith Haring got arrested numerous times
* Here is how pop music is made now, and how it is unmade.