* Our band only sold one copy of our album and we’d like it back
* A new, expanded edition of what may be my favorite book about music
I’ve been meaning to take a look at the Henry Rollins photo book – there are some very good pictures, nothing that’ll really knock your socks off, but as he says in the foreword :
” I thought it would be pretentious to release a book that only had photographs. My fear was that someone might think this was a vanity project. I wanted to get these photos out, but I wanted to make this more than just a collection of some amateur’s travel images, which is basically what these are. It is of the utmost importance to me that, with any project I do, calories are expended and a price – emotional, intellectual, what have you – is paid. Otherwise I can’t justify putting something out into the world. “
” So I decided to write something for every photograph. I would look at the photograph and see where it took me. Everything – personal experience, soapbox ranting, occupying mindsets completely out of my way of thinking – was explored. That’s what I went for and that’s what appears next to the photographs in the book. If some of the sentiments expressed rub you the wrong way, there’s a good chance they rub me the wrong way as well. A lot of things I see happening in the world rub me the wrong way. Some of them are in this book. “
There is some angry, angry writing in the book. Which I liked, a lot.
Some interesting items are going to be auctioned off in a couple of days.
End Result : Ward
* A little vintage audio porn for you
* An interview with the great photographer Pat Blashill
* The very creepy 9-Eyes project
* A depressing story, but interesting – especially if you enjoyed Searching For Sugar Man : Oscar to suicide in one year
* The machine that’s saving the history of recorded sound
* The time an anarchist started a political party as a joke and ended up being elected mayor of a major city
Here’s an interesting, entertaining, inspiring movie that you can watch on Netflix.
Plasmatics : Butcher Baby